1. ‘How do you get a permit to build a container house?’
2. ‘How much is it to buy a shipping container?’
3. ‘How do you insulate it?’ And,
4. ‘Did you see that container house on the internet with the (fill in the blank) and the (fill in the blank)?’
My answers to those questions are, in a nutshell:
1. You get a permit by working with an architect and municipal building department.
2. I got my 20 foot container for $1500.
3. I insulated it by putting walls on the outside and stuffing the walls with insulation.
4. Yep. I’ve seen that design. Yep, that one as-well. Yep, that’s the one I built.